The Steam app permits you to add EXE based mostly games and functions. It is beneficial if you need to preserve a listing of games in a single place. However, there is no such thing as a method to add games which can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. In the previous few years, the catalog of games on Microsoft Store has grown by a number of folds. In this submit, we’ll share how one can add Microsoft Store games and apps to Steam with a single click.
Use UWPHook to add Windows Store games to Steam
We have already talked on this prime the place we confirmed how one can manually add Windows 10 Store Game apps to Steam – however and it’s tedious. That’s the place UWPHook comes into the image. This software can add Microsoft Store games and apps to Steam with simply a click.
If you might be questioning why this helps, then if you’re taking part in a UWP recreation, it is not going to show in your “Currently playing” standing in your Steam account. But after utilizing this, the standing will present non-steam games. The app simplifies the method of including UWP games to Steam it utilizing a script through the app.
- Download and set up the most recent model of the UWPHook. You can select to preserve a totally different path.
- You will get the UAC immediate, and it’ll take a little bit of time to configure the applying for the primary time.
- Once it launches, click on the “load installed UWP Apps,” it’ll populate all of the Store apps and games you’ve gotten put in from the Microsoft Store.
- Check in opposition to the apps you need to add to Steam, after which click on the button which says, “Export selected apps to Steam.”
- Next shut UWPHook, and restart Steam. The games and apps will likely be listed.
- Launch the sport from Steam, and it’ll present your present recreation in your standing so long as you might be taking part in it!
Make certain that your standing or gameplay exercise is seen on Steam account for this to work.
Steam Account Status for Non-Steam Games
Here is the way it seemed like once I performed Microsoft Solitaire Collection after including it to the Steam app. It will put up the message as “In non-Steam recreation Microsoft Solitaire Collection.”
That mentioned, listed here are two main issues that have been listed by the developer as identified issues.
- Steam’s Overlay isn’t working: Its a Steam Validation, and an replace is required from the builders. He recommends DXTory overlay for UWP games.
- Steam Link launches the sport, however the enter doesn’t work: Another limitation which is being labored round.
UWPHook is open-source software program and it’s accessible for obtain on GitHub.