If once you try to create a System Image Backup utilizing System Restore on Windows 10 and also you obtain the error message; STATUS_WAIT_2 with code 0x80070002, then this put up is meant that can assist you. In this put up, we are going to establish the doable causes, in addition to present the corresponding options you may strive that can assist you mitigate this situation.
When you encounter this situation, you’ll obtain the next error message-
There was an sudden error:
Please shut System Restore and take a look at once more.
You may encounter the error because of a number of (however not restricted to) of the next identified causes-
- System Restore inconsistency.
- Operating System recordsdata corruption.
- Windows 10 glitch that finally ends up making a persistent rogue visitor account DefaultUser0 that the backup utility finally ends up utilizing as a substitute of the lively one (the one with admin entry).
System Restore error 0x80070002, STATUS_WAIT_2
If you’re confronted with this System Restore error 0x80070002, STATUS_WAIT_2 situation, you may strive our advisable options outlined under in no specific order and see if that helps to resolve the difficulty.
- Perform SFC and DISM scan
- Use a third social gathering Backup software program
- Delete the DefaultUserZero rogue account (if relevant)
- Perform a Fresh Start, In-place improve restore or Cloud Reset
Let’s check out the outline of the method concerned regarding every of the listed options.
1] Perform SFC and DISM scan
If you have got system file errors, it’s possible you’ll encounter the System Restore error 0x80070002, STATUS_WAIT_2.
The SFC/DISM is a utility in Windows that permits customers to scan for corruptions in Windows system recordsdata and restore corrupted recordsdata.
For ease and comfort, you may run the scan utilizing the process under.
Press Windows key + R to invoke the Run dialog.
In the Run dialog field, sort notepad and hit Enter to open Notepad.
Copy and paste the syntax under into the textual content editor.
@echo off date /t & time /t echo Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartElementCleanup Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartElementCleanup echo ... date /t & time /t echo Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreWell being Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreWell being echo ... date /t & time /t echo SFC /scannow SFC /scannow date /t & time /t pause
Save the file with a reputation and append the .bat file extension – eg; SFC_DISM_scan.bat.
Repeatedly run the batch file with admin privilege (right-click the saved file and choose Run as Administrator from the context menu) till it stories no errors.
Restart your PC.
On boot, strive creating the system picture backup once more. If the error persists, proceed with the subsequent resolution.
2] Use a third social gathering Backup software program
This resolution merely entails you utilize any of the third social gathering Imaging, Backup and Recovery Software for Windows 10 able to doing the identical factor because the System Restore utility.
3] Delete the DefaultUserZero rogue account (if relevant)
In some instances, it’s possible that the backup course of fails due to a bug that finally ends up making a rogue account DefaultUser0 that Windows retains making an attempt to reconcile although it now not exists. This is much more possible if the logs of the error reveal a reference as acknowledged under:
Backup encountered an issue whereas backing up file C:Usersdefaultuser0Contacts. Error: ( STATUS_WAIT_2)
If this state of affairs is relevant, you need to be capable to repair the difficulty by eradicating/deleting the DefaultUser0 rogue account.
- Boot Windows 10 into Safe Mode.
- In Safe Mode, press Windows key + R, sort management, and hit Enter to open Control Panel.
- In Control Panel interface, find and click on User Accounts.
- In the window that seems, click on the Manage one other account hyperlink.
- Once you’re contained in the Manage one other account window, click on on the DefaultUser0 account to pick it.
- Click on Delete the account from the subsequent menu.
If prompted whether or not you wish to preserve or delete the recordsdata belonging to DefaultUser0, click on on Delete recordsdata. At the ultimate affirmation immediate, click on on Delete Account to verify the operation.
- Next, press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
- Navigate to C:Users to see if the DefaultUser0 folder continues to be there. If it’s, right-click it and select Delete.
If you’re prompted to grant admin entry, click on Yes on the UAC Prompt.
Once that folder is deleted, you may exit File Explorer.
- At the situation, choose the sub-key that begins with S-1-5-21 on the left pane.
- On the best pane, double-click on ProfileImagepath to edit its properties.
- In the Value knowledge discipline, if that path factors in the direction of C:UsersDefaultUser0, change it to level in the direction of the first profile that you just’re utilizing.
- Click OK to avoid wasting modifications.
- Exit Registry Editor and reboot your pc.
On boot, try to create a backup as soon as once more with System Restore and see if the error 0x80070002, STATUS_WAIT_2 is mounted. If not strive the subsequent resolution.
4] Perform a Fresh Start, In-place improve restore or Cloud Reset
At this level, if the System Restore error 0x80070002, STATUS_WAIT_2 continues to be unresolved, it’s almost certainly because of some sort of system corruption that can’t be resolved conventionally. In this case, you may strive Fresh Start, In-place improve restore to reset each Windows part. Also, you may strive Cloud Reset and see if that helps.
Any of those options ought to enable you to repair your System Restore issues.