If once you try to open Microsoft Office applications and obtain the error message “The configuration registry database is corrupted“, then this submit is meant that will help you. In this submit, we are going to establish the potential causes, in addition to present the corresponding answer s you may attempt to resolve the difficulty.
You would possibly encounter this The Configuration Registry Database is Corrupt error message resulting from a number of of the next recognized causes, however not restricted to;
- Corrupted Office set up.
- System File Corruption.
- third Party app battle.
The Configuration Registry Database is Corrupt
If you’re confronted with this The Configuration Registry Database is Corrupt problem, you may attempt our advisable options under in no explicit order and see if that helps to resolve the difficulty.
- Run SFC and DISM scan
- Troubleshoot in Clean Boot state
- Repair Office suite set up
- Perform System Restore
- Perform a Fresh Start, In-place improve restore or Cloud Reset
Let’s check out the outline of the method concerned regarding every of the listed options.
1] Run SFC and DISM scan
If you might have system file errors, chances are you’ll encounter The Configuration Registry Database is Corrupt problem.
The SFC/DISM is a utility in Windows that permits customers to scan for corruptions in Windows system recordsdata and restore corrupted recordsdata.
For the needs of ease and comfort, you may run the scan utilizing the process under.
- Press Windows key + R to invoke the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog field, sort notepad and hit Enter to open Notepad.
- Copy and paste the syntax under into the textual content editor.
@echo off date /t & time /t echo Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartPartCleanup Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartPartCleanup echo ... date /t & time /t echo Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreWell being Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreWell being echo ... date /t & time /t echo SFC /scannow SFC /scannow date /t & time /t pause
- Save the file with a reputation and append the .bat file extension – eg; SFC_DISM_scan.bat.
- Repeatedly run the batch file with admin privilege (right-click the saved file and choose Run as Administrator from the context menu) till it experiences no errors.
- Restart your PC.
On boot, attempt launching any Office program and see if the difficulty is resolved. Else, proceed with the following answer.
2] Troubleshoot in Clean Boot state
If you’re receiving this error whereas making an attempt to make use of a local utility like DISM, SFC, or System Restore, chances are high you’re coping with some sort of interference brought on by a third celebration technique of startup service. In this case. you may troubleshoot in Clean Boot State and see if the difficulty will likely be resolved. Else, proceed with the following answer.
3] Repair Office suite set up
If you’re receiving The Configuration Registry Database is Corrupt error whereas making an attempt to open an Office software like Word, Excel, or Powerpoint, it’s possible that you just’re coping with a corruption problem rooted in your Registry recordsdata. In this case, you may attempt to restore the Office suite set up and see if the difficulty will likely be resolved. Else, proceed with the following answer.
Read: Where are the Windows Registry recordsdata situated in Windows 10?
4] Perform System Restore
If you seen that The Configuration Registry Database is Corrupt error began to happen lately, it’s totally potential that the difficulty was facilitated by a change that your system has gone via lately.
If you haven’t any thought what modified which may have ended up breaking the printing performance of your Office functions, you need to use System Restore (any modifications like software installs, person preferences and the rest made throughout that point will likely be misplaced) to revert to a date the place you’re sure that the printer was working correctly.
To carry out System Restore, do the next:
- Press Windows key + R to invoke the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog field, sort rstrui and hit Enter to open up the System Restore Wizard.
- Once you arrive on the preliminary display of System Restore, click on Next to advance to the following window.
- At the following display, begin by checking the field related to Show extra restore factors.
- After you’ve finished this, choose some extent that has an older date than the one wherein you first began to note the error.
- Click Next to advance to the following menu.
- Click Finish and make sure on the remaining immediate.
At the following system startup, your older laptop state will likely be enforced.
If this System Restore fails to resolve the difficulty, proceed with the following answer.
5] Perform a Fresh Start, In-place improve restore or Cloud Reset
At this level, if The Configuration Registry Database is Corrupt error continues to be unresolved, it’s almost certainly resulting from some sort of system corruption that can’t be resolved conventionally. In this case, you may attempt Fresh Start, In-place improve restore to reset each Windows part. Also, for those who’re operating Windows 10 model 1909 and later, you may attempt Cloud Reset and see if that helps.
Any of those options ought to give you the results you want!