When you launch Outlook, and also you obtain an error message saying “Outlook couldn’t start last time” and asks you to launch it in secure mode, then this most will help you resolve the issue. The full error message is as follows:
Outlook couldn’t begin final time. Safe mode might assist you troubleshoot the issue, however some options won’t be out there on this mode.
Do you wish to begin in secure mode?
Outlook couldn’t begin final time
The error implies that Outlook was not in a position to open in a correctly i.e., loading profile, addons, and configuration information. We must examine on what’s inflicting the difficulty.
- Start Outlook in Safe Mode
- Disable Add-ins
- Repair information file
- Create a brand new Outlook profile.
Make positive you carry out every step after which examine if you happen to nonetheless have points. Otherwise, will probably be difficult to determine what should be blamed for the issue.
1] Start Outlook in Safe Mode
It is a good suggestion to decide on, sure, if you get the Outlook Safe Mode immediate. When Outlook launches in secure mode, it disables something which isn’t obligatory. If Outlook works high-quality on this mode, then your drawback may very well be with add-ins, profile, and different configuration. If you need manually begin Outlook in secure mode, then first shut it, after which kind and press the Enter key the next the command
It will then immediate you with Choose Profiles. Select the default profile, after which click on okay. If you had arrange a password, then be certain to offer that.
2] Disable Add-ins
You can do that in two methods. You can both disable all the things after which it on one after the other or, you possibly can disable one and relaunch Outlook to examine if all the things is working high-quality. If not, you might have discovered the issue.
- Click on File > Options to open the Outlook Options window.
- Select the Add-ins part, and it’ll reveal the record.
- At the underside of this part., click on on the Go button subsequent to Manage Comm Ad-ins.
- Here you possibly can unselect the addons you wish to disable and relaunch Outlook.
3] Repair information file
Microsoft workplace gives an inhouse device SCANPST.EXE, which may scan, diagnose, and restore errors in your Outlook information file. It will probably be a good suggestion to examine if you’re dealing with the difficulty due to the error in your PST file. The program is often out there within the following path:
Outlook 2019: C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficerootOffice16
- Outlook 2016: C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficerootOffice16
Outlook 2013: C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice15
- Outlook 2010: C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice14
Outlook 2007: C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice12
Before we begin, first shut the Outlook software, and guarantee that it’s not there utilizing the Task Manager. Done that observe the steps as beneath:
- Double click on on to launch the SCANPST.EXE.
- Click on the browse button, and choose the Outlook Data File (.pst)
- Then click on on the Start button.
- If there may be an error, you can be notified and given the choice to Repair.
- Click on the button, and let the method do its job.
Once the restore is full, relaunch Outlook, and examine if you happen to nonetheless get the message once more.
4] Create a brand new Outlook profile
If nothing else works, then it might be the perfect concept is to create a brand new Outlook Profile. If the profile for some purpose is misconfigured, and you aren’t in a position to restore it, then creating a brand new one will assist you out.
- Click on File > Info > Account Settings > Manage Profiles
- Click on Show Profiles button to open the Mail window
- Click on the Add button, and identify the profile.
- You must add the e-mail account right here after which sync all of your emails.
Creating a brand new profile isn’t as pleasant as you have to add all the things once more that the rationale why advocate utilizing it solely if you don’t have something left.