The Windows 10 v2004 Update has been inflicting assorted Blue show of Death (BSOD) factors for purchasers. It looks like these factors primarily impact Lenovo ThinkPad fashions. If you is perhaps going by this drawback, then this textual content has you coated.
Before we deep dive into the reply, enable us to first understand what and the best way excessive the difficulty is on the core:
Here the drive Idiagio.sys has led to this Stop Error.
Lenovo has outlined quite a few factors being confronted by ThinkPad prospects. These points are the outcomes of the August 2020 cumulative change. We take a look:
Most prospects have encountered Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) when booting, starting Lenovo Vantage, or working the Windows Defender Scan, sadly. Interestingly, this sudden influx of BSOD points seems restricted to ThinkPad fashions manufactured in 2019-2020. You would possibly even see the subsequent indicators:
- Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) when booting
- Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) when starting Lenovo Vantage
- Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) when working Windows Defender Scan
- Can’t login by Face with Windows Hello
- Errors in Device Manager related to Intel Management Engine
- Errors in Device Manager related to IR Camera.
SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (Idiagio.sys)
First points first, assure that you have already created a System Restore Point so that if one thing goes improper, you’ll merely revert to earlier settings and configurations.
Disable the Enhanced Windows Biometric Security setting
- Boot into the BIOS Setup settings in your Lenovo ThinkPad.
- Navigate to ‘Security > Click on ‘Virtualization.’
- Disable the Enhanced Windows Biometric Security setting.
- Boot to Windows 10 desktop.
If the above-mentioned reply doesn’t work for some trigger, correctly, you’ll try fixing the machine drivers beneath the Device Manager settings.
Fix Device Drivers beneath Device Manager settings
- Boot your Lenovo ThinkPad into the Safe Mode.
- Navigate to the Device Manager
- Watch out for the drivers answerable for the error with a small yellow exclamation mark.
- If not one of many entries are denoted using a small yellow exclamation mark, pay attention to sub-entries like C-Media USB Audio Class driver beneath Sound, video, and sport controllers.
Alternatively, you’ll each change or rollback the driving force. If that doesn’t work, you’ll uninstall the outdated drivers and alter them with the model new ones.
We rely on a restore to be launched shortly.
Related Blue Screen errors: