An software program arrange attribute in Windows 10 lets you choose a location the place apps may very well be put in. For some Windows 10 items, the attribute is configured to the actually helpful setting – The Microsoft Store solely. In totally different circumstances, the selection is greyed out, stopping clients from altering the attribute to the desired setting. Follow these choices whenever you uncover that the Choose the place to get apps alternative is grayed out in Windows 10 Settings.
Choose the place to get apps alternative grayed out
Microsoft primarily affords 4 areas to retailer your required apps, These embody,
- Anywhere (Installs every, Desktop and Store apps with out displaying a message dialog).
- Anywhere, nevertheless let me know if there’s a comparable app throughout the Microsoft Store.
- Anywhere, nevertheless warn me sooner than placing in an app that’s not from the Microsoft Store.
- The Microsoft Store solely (As the establish suggests, solely apps accessible throughout the Store shall be allowed).
If the setting is greyed out, not one of many selections are seen. Try fixing it by following the instructions given underneath using Group Policy Editor or Registry Editor:
- Open Group Policy Editor.
- Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender SmartScreen > Explorer.
- Choose Configure App Install Control.
- Check if the selection is about to Enabled.
- Change it to Not Configured.
Before you begin, preserve in thoughts to create a system restore degree first.
Using Group Policy Editor
Open Group Policy Editor and navigate as follows –
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender SmartScreen > Explorer.
In the becoming pane seek for the subsequent entry – Configure App Install Control.
If the price for the entry is about to Enabled, change it to Not Configured.
Click OK and exit.
Using Registry Editor
If you are using Windows 10 Home, you can’t entry the Group Policy Editor. So, as a workaround, you must use Registry Editor to make the desired changes.
Open the Registry Editor and go to the subsequent path location –
In right-side pane, seek for following DWORDs:
To restore the difficulty, merely delete every entries and shut the Registry Editor.
Restart your PC.
This ought to restore the difficulty.
- Tags: Settings, Troubleshoot